1) How long have you been practicing pilates? Why did you decide to teach?
I tried pilates for the first time 16 years ago when my daughter was born and instantly felt a connection to the practice as so many things reminded me of training as a dancer.
Working as a manager in a pilates studio and practicing daily, I saw the benefits it was bringing me in all other areas of fitness and decided I wanted to share this with as many people as possible.
2) Why did you decide to join the new EAST Boca Vault team?
I have always loved the team energy at Vault West Boca. When the East location was announced, I was instantly on board. I look forward to the opportunity to work with a variety of clients and amazing instructors.
3) What is your favorite workout to do in your free time?
I really love all forms of fitness and generally go to any class I squeeze into my schedule. I love a group fitness environment.
4) What’s one thing about you that most people don’t know?
Before transitioning to fitness as a full time career, I worked in both marketing and visual merchandising and traveled extensively for my job. Then I gave it all up and opened a gym!
5) What’s the most rewarding thing about teaching fitness?
It is so rewarding to watch how consistent fitness gives individuals empowerment and confidence.
6) What’s your favorite thing to do outside of fitness?
Anything outside and travel! When I’m home in Florida, I spend as much time at the beach as possible swimming and paddle boarding. When traveling, I’m always looking for a trip that is an adventure with hiking, snowboarding etc.