Erika started her fitness career here at Vault, 11 years ago! She is dedicated to health and wellness. You will see her taking classes and doing continuing education, eager to learn and grow for her clients. Let’s learn more about Erika!
1) How long have you been doing pilates/ Barre? Why did you decide to teach?
Barre since 2012, Pilates since 2015. I found Barre after I had my first son, I needed something new in my fitness routine and fell in love with the combination of dance, cardio, weights, and the creative integration of it all. Pilates deepened my knowledge and love of what the body could do.
2) Why do you love to teach at Vault?
It is the most unique magical place of incredibly knowledgeable and diverse teachers and down to earth rock star clients. I learn something new every day that I teach there
3) What is your favorite workout to do in your free time?
Recently kickboxing has been a big stress release for me. I also enjoy lifting heavy, and of course Pilates all day every day.
4) What’s one thing about you that most people don’t know?
I am a classically trained singer and have two bachelor’s degrees. One in vocal performance and one in dance education.
5) What’s the most rewarding thing about teaching pilates?
Helping clients figure out exercises they either didn’t understand or couldn’t execute beforehand. The aha moment is so exciting and powerful to be a part of. I absolutely love helping a client feel stronger and more empowered.
6) What’s your favorite thing to do outside of fitness?
Anything with my husband and kids. Game night, dance fights, movies, cooking together, and being active outside.